Saturday, December 13, 2008

Victory


Red & Green

I just made 100 of these little doo-dads. They're sandwich cookies, so that means 200 times (if you don't count the last 8 I burned in the oven while heating up lunch) I cut out the shapes, dipped them in egg, then into colored sugar ... before being baked, cooled, and glued together with buttercream.

I got the recipe from my Omi a couple of years ago, and have since made them with my family members', including Omi's, help. But this is my first attempt on my own. They were puffier than hers, so I didn't roll out the dough thin enough and probably didn't let the dough rest long enough; but man, they are light as a feather and sure are tasty.

So I'm pretty pleased right now; if not totally exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. You're making me crave cookies dood. Damn you.
    We just made a deliteful ham and mashed sweet potatoes for dinner. I'm sort of stuffed.

    ReplyDelete